Monday, January 15, 2007

Sunrise and Shopping, both can be confusing

Today has been really informative. I had previously thought that I could not see the sun due to cloud cover. I was wrong. I have learned that the sun was previously just kind of hanging out below the horizon. This morning around 10am I noticed that the sunrise was lasting a very long time. It was pretty, but kind of subdued.It is a beautifully clear day. I was starting to wonder when the sun was actually going to come up when my new friend here advised me that it might not actually make it up today. The sun is moving around in a pattern that does not resemble anything I have ever seen. Much to my delight the sun did come up and has continued its horizontal type orbit. I don't really know what to expect today but it doesn't really seem to be going down yet and it is about 3pm now.
I went to the grocery store today. Shocking and not so bad at the same time! I noticed that anything that has any weight, like canned foods, are really about 3 times what I am use to paying for it. The produce looks ok, but the variety is very limited. Nothing organic! Kind of spoiled by my previous state. The milk is just expensive. Meat, and the other dairy seems pretty reasonable. I spent about $70 on a few bags of groceries that I would normally have spent around $20.

4 comments:

Dr. Bob said...

hey! Glad to see you are up and running. I remember that milk was really expensive when I was a little girl.

Wry Mouth said...

I had envisioned the sideways sun movement in my imagination... glad to have it confirmed by a "native." Website says Town has a population in the 3,000s? That would make it (to my mind) much larger than anytown I would imagine would be situated there.

See you soon!

A mom in the 'burbs said...

I have started to appreciate groceries in a whole new way. As if the 4 recent storms weren't enough....

MedicTIm103 said...

Looks Alot like Aurora these days!! Sounds like you are getting the hang of it up there! Have Fun!!